Home Stay Accommodation
As an international student at St Hilda’s we ensure that you have a caring and homely environment in which to live.
All of our overseas girls live with a host family. It’s the best way to:
- really experience New Zealand family life
- make friends and settle in quickly
- improve your English skills
Our homestay families:
- are carefully selected by us
- are subject to all the requirements of New Zealand law,
including police checks
- provide a caring home environment
- are interested in your welfare
- will be involved in your academic progress
- will keep in regular contact with staff at school
- will include you as one of their family
The Director of International Students, takes a personal interest in the placement of every girl and ensures that they are placed as closely as possible with the type of homestay family they prefer.